Friday, April 25, 2008

Scenes From a Rickshaw

A rickshaw ride is a looking glass into India. Sitting in the back seat while the driver navigates the streets at Mach 0.8, the entire country seems to pass you by in an instant. Please enjoy these photographs taken exclusively from the passenger carriage of rickshaws in both Ahmedabad and Junagadh. If it's blurry, it's because we were moving. The first is a self-portrait, and I'm particularly proud of the shot of the guy relieving himself.

Mama don't take my kodachrome
Mama don't take my kodachrome
Mama don't take my kodachrome away!
-Paul Simon

Isis: Estou sentindo a falta de voce.











1 comment:

Isis Almeida said...

Nice!!! Though I don't think I'd survive there for more than a day. Do I see things distorted or Brazil is a way more organized than that? Oh well, may the part I live in.
Beijos